Even with all the great albums released this year, I keep looking for something new and tasty. I keep looking for music which can really bring delight to my ears. And how happy I am to know that there are still at least six great releases that will make this year even more exciting in terms of Hip-Hop music.
1) Vince Staples. On his new release, Vince will tell the story of a rap star who commits suicide. It is a solemn concept, but if we look at the previous works of Vince Staples, we will see that this is his specialty. Production of the album is being made by DJ Dahi, James Blake, and No ID, which gives this work a chance to become a real success. Another reason to look up for this album is Vince’s continuous threats to retire from rap. What if the theme of his newest offering is metaphorical to his retirement?
2) Mac Miller. In recent years, Mac Miller has grown to be one of the most exciting rappers to follow. Despite the fact that his latest album GO:OD AM (which was a total blast and is probably his greatest album to date) was released only a year ago, he keeps a very active pace. It may cause doubts. What if quality was sacrificed for quantity? These doubts are fully dissolved by the recently released single “Dang!” which is pure pleasure to listen.
3) NxWorries. For those who have not heard before, NxWorries is a prominent duo comprised of two performers – Knxwledge and Anderson. The duo’s talent was demonstrated on Link Up & Suede EP. After its release, the anticipations for a full-length album are very high.
4) Nas. The latest offerings titled “Life Is Good” and “Channel Orange” were released four years ago. Finally, the hiatus is over, and we’re anticipating a new release from Nas very soon.
5) Isaiah Rashad & Ab-Soul. Ever since the release of Issiah’s Cilvia Demo, the admiration around his music motivates the army of listeners to have strong desires about the appearance of further releases. Intuition tells me that all the waiting is totally worth it.
6) Mick Jenkins. A new release from a person who has been labeled as one of the most gifted hip-hop lyricists is also a highly anticipated one. The “Healing Component” is an album that every hip-hop fan should hear before the end of 2017.
Those are the top six albums that you should hear before the end of the year. But that’s not a comprehensive all-inclusive list. There’s much more music that you can look up for. Run The Jewels, Childish Gambino, Wale and Meek Mill among dozens of others deserve your attention as well. Who knows what masterpieces they have forged in their underground laboratories?
It seems that 2016 will be a year of music that all of us will remember.
You may be interetsed in: