Are there authentic American places to see? Any site may be historical, amazing or very beautiful. But what if the place combines all three elements? Below is the list of sites for each American to see though it may be incomplete or altered.
1. Highway 1, California. These are the paved roads with the length of over 2.5 million miles and an incredible view all along the trip.
2. French Quarter, New Orleans, Louisiana. These are cobblestone streets known as the Quarters to locals. The annual French Quarter Festival in April.
3. National Mall, Washington, D.C. It is a historic place with many well-known memorials and few museums.
4. Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, Nevada. This unique site includes glass pyramids and faux canals as in Venetia. Also, this place is famous for Stratosphere Tower and a Mob Museum.
5. Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming presents itself as an open space of some two million acres and is renowned as the first national park.
6. Times Square, New York City. It is an active Broadway with daily cameras, lights and action.
7. Nashville, Tennessee is known as a Music City U.S.A., thanks to the Grand Ole Opry, the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Ryman Auditorium.
8. Grand Canyon, Arizona. This place inspires Americans to think big. It is a great view of the canyon rim along the Colorado River.
9. Hollywood Walk of Fame, Los Angeles, California. There are handprints and bronze engraved names of famous stars along Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street since 1958.
10. Disney’s Magic Kingdom, Orlando, Florida. It is a real fairy-tale for kids.
11. Independence National Historical Park, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is the place that deserves paying a visit as a historic national park.
12. Taos Pueblo, N.M. It is a series of adobe houses from two to five stories high gleaming in the sun.
13. Fenway Park, Boston, Massachusetts. It is a place with sport being in its center.
14. South Beach, Miami, Florida. It is a great place to rest and relax with the average annual temperature of 75 degrees.
15. Civil Rights District, Atlanta, Georgia. People come here to pay respect to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
16. Gettysburg National Military Park, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. It is the most visited center of Civil War battlefields.
17. Architecture in Chicago, Illinois. These buildings are worth seeing as they are built in various styles. It is considered as an “edifice complex” of the country.
18. Ellis Island, New Jersey. There is an Immigration Museum there with many stories to hear.
19. Pearl Harbor, O’ahu, Hawaii. It is a famous after the World War II place that one has to see
20. Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York. This place received over 5 million visitors annually and is worth visiting.
You may be interetsed in: